Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Province

What do I really know about my beautiful province? It is home to whales, eagles, tides and the Cape Breton Highlands. Halifax harbour is one of the deepest harbours in the world.

Nova Scotia is rich in history, folk lore, ghost stories, treasures, and talent.

Thoughts I would like to explore in this blog are some of the above but also the peoples that have enriched our province ie First Nations, Planters, Loyalist, Acadians, and Peoples of Colour.

Nova Scotia has given birth to musical talents, writers, poets and scoundrels. We have endured through mine disasters, shipwrecks and explosions. All these and many other things I would like to write about.

Come join with me as I discover the land of my birth. Salt water runs through my veins paternally for eight generations - prior to the discovery of Oak Island- and maternally the links are British with family lore telling tales of connections to First Nations.

Join me in my discovery of this place I call home. The majestic province kissed by the Atlantic Ocean, Nova Scotia.

No comments:

Post a Comment