Monday, November 2, 2015

My iBook and Kindle sales are neck and neck

A few weeks ago I started an experiment. I published a couple of small books on three different platforms. Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks and Kobo

It is now a new month. So what have I learned?

  • marketing the books is harder than writing them
  • filling out the paper to get the accounts set up is difficult
  • formatting the books is touchy
  • supposedly Kindle is bigger than iBooks BUT my sales are exactly the same on both 
  • the sweetest reading experience seems to be on Kobo
  • Kindle provides me with an author page-kind of cool
  • iBooks provides me with widgets
  • Kindle provides me with an online writers community
Current total sales from all three platforms for  month of October 2015 is
                               18
Look out Stephen King, John Grisham, James Patterson. Here comes Carolyn Ann Vaughan


1 comment: